Industry Affiliate Program
The Center Industry Affiliate Program (CIAP) facilitates interactions and knowledge sharing between companies and our faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and thriving graduate student community to deliver value to all the stakeholders: the company, whose benefits are outlined below; our students, who benefit from expanded educational and employment opportunities; and our faculty, who learn about current problems and trends in industry. Members collaborate with accomplished faculty, interact with students with highly relevant skill sets and interest in computational biology, and become deeply acquainted with research that is relevant to their business as it moves from the bench to the marketplace. With experts in genetics, computer science, mathematics and other fields comprising computational biology, the CIAP provides an excellent resource both for talented young scientists and for research to complement that of industry.
Membership in the CIAP is open to any firm, regardless of size or location, and is based on a contribution to the Center. These benefits include:
- Industry Seminar Series – This series, offered as a benefit at all levels of membership, features a prominent industry speaker and a Center faculty member sharing their insights on an important R&D or industry topics. An excellent forum for networking with potential industry partners, students and faculty.
- Industry Advisory Council – Founding Corporate Members of CIAP have a seat on Center’s Industry Advisory Council, along with key Center faculty. This is an important forum to discuss new research directions.
- Special Company/Center Meetings – Offered only at the Founding Corporate Member level, executives of the member company are invited to meet with the Center’s faculty and students to learn about current research that is relevant to their R&D, and share their interest in joint research collaborations. This forum allows a company to discuss their challenges with faculty and students in a non-competitive setting, i.e. your company will be the only company invited to such a meeting.
- Invitation to Annual Retreat – Companies at the Corporate Member and Founding Corporate Member levels would be invited to attend the annual faculty and student retreat. This is an excellent forum to get to know the students and faculty in an off-site location, learn more about their research and participate in discussions about research direction.
- Members-only Intranet – Companies at the Corporate Member and Founding Corporate Member levels gain access to a password-protected intranet that provides the latest research abstracts and pre-prints, invitations to special symposia, a student resume bank, and many other valuable features.
- Single Point Access to the Center – Members at all levels may contact the Industry Affiliates Manager to address any Center or CIAP related question. Thus your company does not have to waste its time on effectively and efficiently navigating through the university. It can focus on what you do best – innovate and create value.
For information about CIAP please contact:
Shail Kumar, Senior Director of External Relations
College of Letters and Science
Phone: (510) 642-2466