General Submission Instructions
- One signed copy of our current Library Prep Request Form (DNA or RNA) and one signed copy of the appropriate Sequencing Submission Form for MiSeq sequencing, HiSeq2500 sequencing, or HiSeq4000 sequencing.
- Samples in 1.5mL low-binding tubes (Sample specific requirements below)
- Sample names labeled on the TOP and sides of the tubes (PI Initials, Your Initials, Number, ex: DRMC001).
- Please name your samples with the same base name (PI Initials, Your Initials, Number, ex: DRMC001) followed by a letter (A-Z). [DRMC001A, DRMC001B, DRMC002A, DRMC002B would be two lanes of samples with two samples per lane.]
- An Excel Sheet or Library Prep Request form Table with Sample names and indexes/lane assignments listed.
Submitting dsDNA (ChiP-seq and DNA-Seq (genomic DNA, cDNA, BACs, YACs, cosmids, amplicons, etc.)
- Please provide 50-500 ng of dsDNA (purified or amplified DNA), or ChIP enriched DNA in 100 µl ultra pure water. ChIP samples should be accompanied by qPCR verification (to show a sucessful ChIP experiment). We can make library from 5~50ng DNA but we may charge you for additional gel purification ($15/sample). Please note that you may be charged for a gel purification cost ($18.40/sample) for samples with 10~50ng) if there is too much primer dimers at the end. Please contact us if you have less than 1~10ng of DNA.
- Small RNA – Submit 10 µg total RNA or enriched samples in 10 µl ultrapure water. RNA samples must be accompanied by an Agilent 2100 bioanalyzer profile to determine integrity of the sample.
- C. Please contact us if you do not find your application here. We might be able to help you as a customized colaboration project.
Submitting Total RNA or mRNA
Please contact us before submitting RNA samples.
- Please provide >10ng (in 10ul) of mRNA or total RNA for direct library prep and sequencing.
- Alternativeley, 1-10 µg DNase treated total RNA in 5~50µl ultra-pure water can be submitted for mRNA selection (PolyA selection or RiboZero).
- All RNA samples must be accompanied by an Bioanalyzer trace to determine the integrity of the sample (We can provide this as a service for a fee as well).
Special Considerations for RNA
Please contact us if you have less than 0.5ug of total RNA but want to do mRNA selection, or if you have degraded samples.
We will develop Directional RNA-seq and low amount of RNA (from a single cell~10ng) library preps if there is enough interest. Please contact us if you want to try these samples with us.
Sample Drop off Locations:
Justin Choi or Karen Lundy
Shipping Samples for Library prep to FGL
Please ship your samples on dry ice overnight to the following address:
Justin Choi/ Karen Lundy
Functional Genomics Laboratory
255 Life Sciences Addition #3200
Berkeley, CA 94720-3200
If you have any questions regarding sample submission for library prep and sequencing, please contact Justin Choi (Library Prep), firstname.lastname@example.org, (510) 642-1165 or Shana McDevitt (Sequencing), email@example.com, 510.666.3372.