All sequencing samples must be submitted with accurate library base pair range information (Bioanalyzer/Tape Station/Fragment Analyzer results) or bioanalyzer service must be requested per submitted sample. Gel images are not accepted. Please submit traces with the x-axis in bp NOT seconds. If possible please also place a smear range around your library and generate a molarity calculation with the analysis software. Label your samples clearly and with the same ids as indicated on submitted tube.
Please also submit samples in water where possible, especially if submitting for the HiSeq4000 where a speedvac may be needed to concentrate samples to the required 3nM concentration.
For Single Tube Sample Submission to the VC GSL we require the following:
- One signed copy of our current Sequencing Submission Form for the MiSeq sequencing, HiSeq2500 sequencing, or HiSeq4000 sequencing. Please email a pdf copy to email@example.com and include a hard-copy with the library submission.
- Copy of Bioanalyzer traces (PDF see notes above) sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for the components of/or the pooled submitted library (unless a Bioanalyzer trace is requested on the form).
- An Excel Sheet (not PDF) with Sample names and indexes listed emailed to email@example.com (only required if sample being submitted is multiplexed)
- Samples in 1.5mL low-binding tubes (~10uL of at least 10nM), normalization not required if concentration noted). Please note your quantification method and suspension buffer type on submission form. Extra qPCR will be charged for samples submitted at concentrations higher than 100nM without notification that a dilution may be necessary.
- Sample names labeled on the TOP and sides of the tubes (PI Initials, Your Initials, Number, ex: DRMC001, and month/year)
For Submitting Multiplexed libraries as separate tubes:
IMPORTANT TO READ!!!Please follow the above parameters and provide all of the same documentation but note that we charge for additional QC required to multiplex samples submitted in separate tubes. Each additional sample to be pooled (beyond the first sample per lane) will be charged a qPCR fee to ensure accurate pooling AND pooling charges apply for more than 12 samples submitted per lane. An hour labor will be charged for submissions of 13-48 samples per lane and then an additional hour of labor for each additional set of 48 sample per lane. If you have Qubit values, please also submit these to help ensure accurate pooling. A $300 pooling test can be requested to ensure accurate pooling for large super-pool experiment. We generally can guarantee pooling accuracy with 5% variance of requested pooling ratios, for some hard to quantify samples (multiple peaks, very broad) we cannot guarantee pooling percentages.
Also, please name subsequent sample with the same library base name (PI Initials, Your Initials, Number, ex: DRMC001) followed by a letter (A-Z) or (_01-_0XX). [DRMC001A, DRMC001B, DRMC002A, DRMC002B would be two lanes of samples with two samples per lane.
Please submit an excel spreadsheet with sample names, concentration, index sequence, and requested pooling percentages with your other required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sample Drop off Locations:
B206 Stanley Hall (Basement Level 2)
Shipping Samples to GSL (Sequencing Only)
Please ship your samples on dry ice overnight to the following address:
B206 Stanley Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720-3220
If you have any questions regarding sample submission, please contact Shana McDevitt, email@example.com.