SSCF services are provided in UC Berkeley’s B129 Stanley Hall. Dr. West is dedicated to providing basic training on all of the instrumentation and SOPs for instrumentation as well as the cell culturing facility. She offers additional training and assistance as needed for the instruments and ensures that the instruments are properly maintained and operated. Her office hours are Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please contact Mary West if you would like a tour.
The HTSF facility is located in Li Ka Shing (LKS) Center for Biomedical and Health Sciences. The HTSF manager provides basic training on all instruments and SOPs for instrumentation and cell culturing. In addition the lab manager maintains all equipment and helps with automation method writing, project planning, and troubleshooting. Accounting is done similarly for both facilities but the two facilities are organized as separate recharge entities so separate applications are required. Pingping He’s office hours are Monday-Thurs, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please contact Pingping He if you would like a tour.
Going forward, the Shared Stem Cell Facility at UC Berkeley is excited to start using an online system (iLab) to streamline the process of ordering and billing for core service requests. All facility users are invited to use the system, which requires a one-time registration as detailed below. Once you are registered, the system will enable you to place access and training requests as well as schedule equipment time.
To register for an account:
To get started, you must register for an account:
1. Navigate to the core page:
2. In the upper-right-hand corner of the screen, select sign up.
3. Complete the registration form on the sign-up page.
4. Receive a “welcome” email from iLab (typically within one business day) with login credentials and basic instructions.
During this time or even before, please request from the facility manager (see Contacts) through email a tour of the facility, especially if you are unsure of whether the instrumentation available will meet your needs.
After successful registration, apply for access and use of the facility:
Once you have been accepted into your PI’s lab (requires PI or PI manager/administrator action) and assigned a chartstring, you can place requests and schedule equipment time.
1. Navigate to the core page:
2. At the upper right hand of the page, enter the username and password provided by iLab and click the “login” button.
3. Click the “Request Services” tab and click on the “Initiate Request” button next to the request of interest. Work through the request.
4. You will be asked to complete a form for your request before submitting the request to the core.
5. Your request will be pending review by the core. Make sure to watch for an email from iLab regarding whether you have been approved for using the facility. Then you can request training on instruments and request access to the facility calendars.
More detailed instructions are available in the customer manual. For any questions not addressed in the manual, click on the “leave iLab feedback” link in the upper right hand corner.
iLab Customer Manual for Scheduling: