QB3-Berkeley includes UC Berkeley faculty, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, and undergraduates working in a more than a dozen departments, colleges, and research units on campus including:
- Computational Biology
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Integrative Biology
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Plant and Microbial Biology
- Public Health
For help locating QB3-Berkeley faculty experts or for other press inquiries, contact QB3-Berkeley’s communications manager, Mackenzie Smith.
Please contact Hong Quach for specific instructions on sample submissions prior to getting started.
We require the following:
- Contact Hong Quach to initiate a sample submission.
- Generally, samples should be submitted in Thermo Scientific 96-well PCR Plates catalog # AB-1400L. Please contact us if you require us to send plates to you for an additional charge. If you are submitting 5 or more plates and prefer to use your own plates, please contact us for the possibility of programming your plates into our robot (additional charge applies).
- Plates being delivered at drop off locations should be sealed with Thermo Scientific Plate Seals Catalog # AB0558 or equivalent. Plates being shipped should be heat sealed if possible. Please ensure that your plates are sealed completely to prevent evaporation or possible cross contamination during shipping.
- We require 1 ug of DNA for all arrays except the HumanMethylation450 BeadChip which requires 2 ug of DNA (we will return any unused DNA).
- The front edge and top of the plate should contain the plate name and PI name. The right side edge of the plate should contain your name. Plate name should match the name provided on the Sample Submission Form exactly.
Sample Drop off Location:
431 Stanley Hall
Shipping Samples to GSL
Please ship your samples on dry ice overnight to the following address:
University of California Berkeley
431 Stanley Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720-3220
If you have any questions regarding sample submission for Illumina Arrays, please contact Hong Quach, firstname.lastname@example.org, 510.643.0829.