QB3-Berkeley seeks a talented, reliable, organized, and design-minded student to join our team as a communications and administrative Assistant. This position will work with QB3-Berkeley’s leadership to help us communicate our research, outreach, programming, and events to the UC Berkeley community and beyond.
Undergraduate students who have strong verbal and written communication skills and who are interested in taking initiative, problem solving, and are eager to work with and around scientists and learn more about career services will thrive in this position.
Position starts on or before June 1st and continues through the 2022-2023 academic year.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Mackenzie Smith, QB3-Berkeley’s communications manager, on or before Monday, May 2nd.
- Designing flyers, promotional images and materials, brochures, one pagers, etc.
- Proofreading copy
- Helping with social media accounts
- Assist with updating events calendar
- Website content review, proofreading, and content posting
- Taking and editing photographs
- Other communications, marketing or administrative tasks as needed
- Event implementation (day of help setting up/cleaning up)
- Savvy with researching online content (articles, social media, etc)
- Some data entry; facility with basic spreadsheet functions
- Training and experience in graphic design
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Express, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Photography experience – using a DSLR camera
- Familiar with excel and google sheets
- Web development skills – basic html, CSS, knowledge of Drupal or WordPress
- Writing and editing, specifically in a journalistic style
- Video capture and editing
- Experience managing organizational social media accounts
- Interest in creating infographics and creating basic charts/graphs from event data
- Customer service skills (for events)
Hourly pay rate: $20.00/hour
How to apply: Email Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org