The Berkeley BACEM Facility, housed in Stanley Hall, is led by Professor Eva Nogales and is expected to begin operation in fall 2016. This cryo-EM resource is mostly dedicated to single particle studies that aim for high-resolution structures and the description of complex biochemical or conformational co-existing states. The facility is supported by the member institutions of the BACEM consortium, and acquisition of the instrumentation was funded by HHMI.
FEI Titan Krios, with autoloader
K2 Direct Electron Detector
Volta Phase Plate
BIO Quantum Energy Filter
The facility’s instrumentation features automated data collection. Both single-particle micrographs and tomography tilt series can be collected.
Use of the facility is limited to members of the BACEM consortium.
The current schedule can be viewed at this calendar.
Procedures and documentation for use of the Berkeley BACEM facility’s equipment are accessible at this folder.
For more information, contact Dan Toso, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- K. L. Morris, C. Z. Buffalo, C. M. Stürzel, E. Heusinger, F. Kirchhoff, X. Ren and J. H. Hurley HIV-1 Nefs are cargo-sensitive AP-1 trimerization switches in tetherin downregulation Cell DOI: 10.1016/j.cell.2018.07.004 (26 Jul 2018)
- Elizabeth H. Kellogg, Nisreen M. A. Hejab, Simon Poepsel, Kenneth H. Downing, Frank DiMaio, Eva Nogales Near-atomic model of microtubule-tau interactions Science DOI: 10.1126/science.aat1780 (10 May 2018)
- Thi Hoang Duong Nguyen, Jane Tam, Robert A. Wu, Basil J. Greber, Daniel Toso, Eva Nogales & Kathleen Collins Cryo-EM structure of substrate-bound human telomerase holoenzyme Nature DOI:10.1038/
s41586-018-0062-x (25 Apr 2018)
- Jordan C. Tsai, Lakshmi E. Miller-Vedam, Aditya A. Anand, Priyadarshini Jaishankar, Henry C. Nguyen, Adam R. Renslo, Adam Frost, Peter Walter Structure of the nucleotide exchange factor eIF2B reveals mechanism of memory-enhancing molecule Science DOI: 10.1126/science.aaq0939 (30 Mar 2018)
- Vignesh Kasinath, Marco Faini, Simon Poepsel, Dvir Reif, Xinyu Ashlee Feng, Goran Stjepanovic, Ruedi Aebersold, Eva Nogales Structures of human PRC2 with its cofactors AEBP2 and JARID2 Science DOI: 10.1126/science.aar5700 (18 Jan 2018)
- Simon Poepsel, Vignesh Kasinath & Eva Nogales Cryo-EM structures of PRC2 simultaneously engaged with two functionally distinct nucleosomes Nature Structural & Molecular Biology Nature DOI:10.1038/s41594-018-0023-y (29 Jan 2018)