QB3-Berkeley includes UC Berkeley faculty, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, and undergraduates working in a more than a dozen departments, colleges, and research units on campus including:
- Computational Biology
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Integrative Biology
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Plant and Microbial Biology
- Public Health
For help locating QB3-Berkeley faculty experts or for other press inquiries, contact QB3-Berkeley’s communications manager, Mackenzie Smith.
Jump to section:
- User interest form
- Using CTAF/HTSF iLab
- Sample Research Infrastructure Commons (RIC) user agreements
User interest form
Both the CTAF and the HTSF at UC Berkeley use an online system (iLab) to streamline the processes of scheduling and recharge billing for core access/service requests. If you see that there is instrumentation that would help with your research, please fill out the user interest form below to start the process of gaining access.
CTAF/HTSF user interest
Thank you for your interest in our facilities. Please anticipate an email response from our team within 2-3 business days. If you need a response earlier, or there is a delay in response, please email Mary West (firstname.lastname@example.org) and administrator Tram Do (email@example.com) directly.
Using CTAF/HTSF iLab
To navigate to the CTAF/HTSF iLab webpage, apply for membership to our facilities, or register for an account (UC PIs and researchers):
- Navigate to the core page: CTAF or HTSF
- At the upper right hand of the page, enter your username (email address) and password that you have set up for iLab and click the “login” button.
- Click the “Request Services” tab and click on the “Initiate Request” button next to the New User Request Form. Provide answers for all questions of the request.
- You will be asked to “Save completed form” for your request before submitting the request to the core.
- Your request will be pending review by the core. Make sure to watch for an email from iLab regarding whether you have been approved for using the facility. Next, you can request training on particular instruments. After training has been completed you will get access to the facility and to the instrument calendars.
All facility users must use the iLab system, which requires a one-time registration. If you already are a member of iLab, please add the University of California, Berkeley QB3 CTAF and/or HTSF to your list of core facilities and fill out the CTAF and/or HTSF New User Request and Training Request. See the links and steps below for navigating to the two types of iLab requests. Companies, new PIs and new users are typically signed up by CTAF/HTSF staff based on the above form, or direct email from you.