The QB3-Berkeley Graduate and Postdoc Career Development office was launched in early fall 2018 to strengthen professional development support for graduate students and postdoctoral researchers in the biological sciences at Berkeley.
The office will help these trainees explore career options that utilize their scientific training and develop the foundational skills required for effective career planning and transitions to post-graduate careers. In partnership with faculty, and collaborating with other campus entities, the QB3-Berkeley Graduate and Postdoc Career Development office will promote access to career information, skill development, and experiential opportunities, and work to enhance students’ and postdocs’ connections to a range of career paths and organizations within academia and in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors. Contact: Rosanne Lurie, Director, email@example.com
Career labs, workshops and panel events are designed to help QB3-Berkeley doctoral students and postdocs develop their competencies in career planning and effective job search strategies.
Program flyer PDFs – includes program descriptions:
S’2020 – Building Career Skills Series – Career Labs & Clinics
June 2020 – Professionals in Residence “Coffee Chat” with Veronique Kiermer, PhD
Calendar – all programs & registration:
|Date/Time||Event Type||Title (Click on title to register and for event details)|
|Workshop||Social Media Basics for Scientists|
|"Coffee Chat"||QB3-Berkeley Professional in Residence, Dr. Veronique Kiermer|
Past event information:
- S’2020 Discover Your Career Fit: Intersect Job Sims workshop
- F’2019 Academic Careers Programs
- F’2019 Career Exploration Programs
- F’2019 Professionals in Residence Programs
- S’2020 Professionals in Residence (PIR) Programs
- S’2020 SPLiCE Information for science leadership groups
- S’2020 SPLiCE – Invite to all UCB STEM doctoral students and postdocs!
- S-2020 Finding and Funding Your Postdoc